Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa Clara County Suicide Prevention Advisory Group meeting

December 9, 2009 I attended the Santa Clara County Suicide Prevention Advisory Group meeting
AGENDA
December 9, 2009
6-8 p.m.

I. Introductions 6:00 pm-7:05 pm
A. Overview of creation and purpose of Committee 6:00 pm-6:15 pm
B. Introduction of each member and why participating 6:15 pm-7:00 pm
C. Identification of missing members 7:00 pm-7:05 pm
II. Name Committee 7:05 pm-7:20 pm
III. Define meeting work schedule and outcomes 7:20 pm-7:45pm
V. Q&A for committee and Public 7:45 pm-8:00pm

It was a great meeting with many different professionals from different disciplines. There was a quote which was eye opening, “Every 17 minutes in American someone commits suicide. Where is the public concern and outrage?” Wow what a powerful quote and indeed where is the outrage. But in Santa Clara County, Supervisor Liz Kniss is taking the bull by the horns. She has started the advisory group in an effort to make a change in suicides. I applaud her and the group. I am honored to be a part of this group.

No comments: